BRIGHT is seeking a passionate and versatile full-time sub editor to work across our portfolio of magazines and commercial projects. You will be part of a small team in a fast-moving multimedia environment, with the opportunity to hone an assortment of editorial skills. Reporting to the chief sub editor, genres covered include media technology, filmmaking, photography and lifestyle.
Candidates should already have at least one year’s editorial experience, preferably in magazines, publishing or a commercial agency setting. A painstaking attention to detail with the ability to exhaustively spot spelling and grammatical errors is crucial, as is the confidence to rewrite content and turn your hand to a multitude of copy tasks. From print to online, email and social, managing different projects while remaining cool under pressure is all part of the role.
– Maintaining the accuracy, consistency and integrity of all editorial and commercial written content
– Sub editing print and online media to agreed house styles
– Attending production meetings and helping to maintain the flow of copy
– Editing newsletters and scheduling send-out with the digital team
– Undertaking a range of digital tasks relating to the online versions of magazines
Knowledge of Adobe InDesign is desirable, but full training will be provided.
Based at our offices in Sawston, we offer flexible hours and working from home two days a week, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package. Please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected].